Orthopedic Spine Surgery
Offering microscopic and minimally invasive spine surgeries, facet and epidural spine injections, and advanced digital X-Rays.
We emphasize pre-operative preparation to ease patient anxiety about surgery. We provide pre-operative education on everything from physical therapy to what to expect each day while you recover in the hospital. Our Perioperative Educator is there with you every step of the way to answer your questions and make sure you feel comfortable.
After surgery, specialized nurses and therapists guide your recovery, encouraging the involvement of both you, the patient, and your family during your return to wellness. Our post-operative care follows high standards of quality and is tailored to your individual needs.
What to Expect
1. Scheduling Surgery
Your doctor's office will schedule your surgery.
2. Pick a Coach (friend or relative)
A coach can help you heal faster by providing support and encouragement that compliments your treatment. This person should attend all preoperative visits, including your Surgery Education visit.
3. Surgery Education Visit & Lab Work
Your visit will be held the Monday prior to surgery and will last one to two hours. Please bring all of your home medications with you to the appointment in a zip-loc bag.
During your education visit you will:
- See medical equipment you will use during your stay.
- Learn important information about your hospital stay, including
- pain control, dressing changes, and diet.
- Receive a list of what to bring with you to your surgery.
- Meet with a Respiratory Therapist and Physical Therapist.
- Visit the Surgery Department for your preoperative education and
- lab work.
This is a great opportunity to ask questions and speak directly with our Perioperative Educator.